During this period of public crisis, HIA-LI recognizes its responsibility to serve as a resource to the Long Island business community. We’ll share vital information that will help all of us weather the difficulties we face – and help keep communications pathways open.
Here are several business-focused resources that are prepared to help your organization get through these difficult times:
The Suffolk County COVID-19 Business Response Task Force
HIA-LI is partnering with the Suffolk County COVID-19 Business Response Task Force, which has asked us to serve as a communication conduit to area firms. In this role, we’ll be passing along useful information related to the virus and its impact on your business. Here are three ways they can assist:
- The County has established a Suffolk County Business Recovery Hotline for business-related questions. You can reach the hotline by dialing 311.
- Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone, Empire State Development, and the State Department of Labor are creating a Business Response Plan. This fluid document can assist employers with emergency planning. It will be steadily updated to reflect evolving circumstances. You can check the Suffolk County Website for updates.
- You can text COVIDSUFFOLK to 67283 to receive emergency updates.
Disaster Relief Lending through the Small Business Administration
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) offers low-interest working capital loans of up to $2 million to small businesses situated in states suffering substantial economic damage arising from COVID-19. You can contact SBA’s disaster assistance customer service center at 800-659-2955 (TTY: 800-877-8339) or email email@example.com.
The SBA’s Long Island Branch Office is in Hauppauge at 631-454-0750. They’re standing by to help our area’s small business sector. This office also houses Long Island’s SCORE Chapter #694 at 631-454-0771 (longisland.score.org).
We also encourage small business owners to contact our area’s two local SBA Resource Partners:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Stony Brook: 631-632-9070
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Farmingdale: 934-420-2765
HIA-LI will inform the business community of upcoming webinar updates hosted by Northwell Health. We’ll also be directing you to a comprehensive infographics kit of COVID-19 information that’s now under preparation.
And, of course, businesses can contact HIA-LI at 631-543-5355 if you have questions or need assistance. While we are working remotely, we working as a team and are still here for you!
Let’s be prepared to rise to the challenges ahead. Tap these resources. Stay informed. Stay determined.
And together, we’ll get through this.